This is kind of weird? and I don't know if it is in a good way or not...

Let's see what we have here!


I don't know what this song is supposed to resemble. I am afraid that I am not that well informed on GWSN's universe. So I cannot possibly extrapolate some of the literary ideas from there. But I know that this song is supposed to be about opening up yourself and being close to one another. Also the cues there for acceptance and empathy. I feel like GWSN has been able to give a muddled meaning to this song. Like It Hot doesn't necessitate to love but rather acceptance and just being fun? I honestly am confused.

The arrangement is interesting. It starts as a very typical GWSN song with fairy, dream-like vocals and proceeds to build up to the funk and gritty bass pre-chorus that majorly feels the ever-so amazing GWSN song it might be, but it proceeds to an empty chorus without any dynamics whatsoever. The verses are fine and forgettable but the boresome chorus just adds so much blank to the canvas. Composition-wise the instruments were rather interesting and vibrant up until the climax which was so dead. The vocals are ever so interesting.

The production was above average for me. I could hear some muddled sounds in the mix that were not intended to be included in the final product, it also feels so cloudy in the mastering. Which adds stress to me because it feels that I can't hear everything enough. The mixing and mastering could honestly be better. GWSN has given us amazingly recorded and produced songs even getting an NIA nomination but this just isn't there best.

The musical direction has so much potential and driving force to it until that chorus came. It just kind of turned the whole thing away from me. The final chorus definitely does some dynamic justice to the remaining 2 choruses but it just doesn't feel enough to stick to an average listener. Still, I guess a nice job.


Overall

GWSN surely did a major musical turn in 2021. We can now say goodbye to their niche genre that I have also failed to name. That majestic, powerful and creative way of thinking is kind of waning and I guess welcome to the trendy age. I am still not satisfied by this but I guess it is good.

Rating: 7.75

TrackScore: TBD

Producers: Ryan S. Jhun, Scott Russell Stoddart

Songwriters: ZNEE, Swin Lee, Ryan S. Jhun, Scott Russell Stoddart, Betsa Collins


This free site is ad-supported. Learn more