This is Inside the Album, where we dissect and unravel the albums that have come out recently. This time we are going to unravel GWSN's 5th Mini Album, THE OTHER SIDE OF THE MOON.


Burn

Burn is an EDM record focusing its energy on delivering a powerful entrance for the album itself. It basically showcases the vocal prowess of GWSN and the sheer dynamicness of their performances to the table immediately. It is an interesting opener indeed.

Rating: 80


I Can't Breathe

This is certainly an audio feast right here. I mean this has to be nominated for best b-side of the year. This has to be the most creative record by a female act in recent history. This track focuses on creativity, sensuality and the deep connection of the soul. This is more than a song it is a force that you subjected yourself into. It is a masterpiece in itself. A magical song that shows the other side of the moon.

Rating: 95


Like It Hot

Review here!

Rating: 78


e i e i o

When is the last time I was ecstatically been pleased organically by an album? I guess it was years ago. e i e i o is a strikingly juxtaposed moment for GWSN themselves. KBS has banned the song for romanticizing suicide when it actually just says "Boy It's Time To Hunt You Down Now."

Yey for women empowerment! But I guess patriarchs in South Korea don't like the idea of them being lower than females. Well sad reality for you guys... This is probably the most creative pop I've heard in a while.

Rating: 92

Starry Night

I guess I was wrong. This album is contesting to be the best album of 2021 for me and it succeeds in any possible way I can conceive. It is just amazing that I was not busy enough for me to write something about this.

Starry Night reminds me of hyperpop and some amazing YouTube dream pop songs I could only wish more K-Pop groups started taking notes from. This song is full of emotion and depthness despite its amazingly shining and digital form. It is amazing. That synthline is BREATHTAKING and LEGENDARY. I am just head over heels.

Rating: 90

I Sing (lalala)

Very typical Modern Jazz R&B song that I would love to be played at lullabies and at a very rainy night. I do admit I do not really like this genre as much as I would love some upbeat forms of music. But this is just too hard not be rated at least above 85. It is just the authenticity and the artistry GWSN serves every time. This is a great ending.

Rating: 87


Album Rating: 87

VERY EXCELLENT ALBUM


This free site is ad-supported. Learn more